11 July 2020

My current LoRA "DX" is 64 km

After few experiments with spread factor and the GP antenna, thanks to TTN Mapper service I can visualize which gateways have received my LoRA signal on 868 MHz.




On the South facing balcony the signal travels 64 km at SF7 BW125 and the RSSI is still respectable. The strongest link at SNR = 8 dB is "just" 48 km long. Both of these long distance paths are in line of sight or very close to it. A total of 5 gateways received my transmissions.

When I moved the transmitter on the North facing balcony I hit 3 new gateways, two of which are available on TTN Mapper. The maximum distance here is about 38 km, but there is absolutely no line of sight path between us.

That makes a total of 7 (8) TTN LoRAWAN gateways that can receive and relay to the cloud my LoRA messages