21 June 2014

Newly built memory keyer (based on K3NG work)

This is the 400th post on this blog!

One year and half after discovering my old memory keyer had been dipped in battery chemicals, I finally managed to assemble a replacement. This time I reproduced K3NG's excellent work based on Arduino. I did my little code adjustments to get it working with an Arduino Leonardo clone (ATmega32U4), and now it works the way I need it to.

The circuit pictured still misses the internal buzzer for audible feedback, otherwise it is 100% operational.

Now it requires proper housing and power supply. I do want to check its current consumption, just to know how long a battery will last.

Even though the box will need to be "large" to house all those controls, this keyer is a perfect companion for FT817, which lacks memories in its internal keyer.