22 April 2009

FT817 keypad - April 2009 update

I have added support for a status LED (green), that is ON when the keypad is in the main menu/idle. For single key press functions (such as A/B), the LED is always ON, while it stays OFF for those sequences requiring several inputs until data is sent to the radio (like direct frequency dial).
The LED is now shown on the updated schematic diagram, but its use is optional. It is not included in the bag-of-parts I am offering from time to time. I will soon release an updated free firmware that supports the status LED.

I have also implemented and tested few more functions: A=B, AGC control, PBT on/off, BK on/off, FaST tuning on/off, Split on/off, RIT on/off, Lock. The latter three should also work on FT-857/FT-897.

Hopefully soon I will be able to certify "common" Yaesu functions on FT-817, FT-857 and FT-897, so to produce a cross-radio firmware.